The health benefits of lemon oil include its ability to treat skin disorders, hair conditions, stress disorders, fever, infections, asthma, obesity, insomnia, stomach problems, and fatigue. All these benefits of lemon oil can be attributed to its stimulating, calming, carminative, anti-infection, astringent, detoxifying, antiseptic, disinfectant, sleep-inducing, and antifungal properties.
Lemons are one of the most popular citrus fruits in the world and are widely used for culinary purposes since they aid in digestion. They also add a pleasant taste and aroma to food. Furthermore, lemon juice is one of the most popular drinks in the world as it is very healthy, delicious, and inexpensive.
Health Benefits Of Lemon Oil
Lemon oil, with its calming and detoxifying properties, has a range of benefits for all. Let's have a look at them in detail.
Lemon oil is a good remedy for restoring the luster of dull skin. It is an astringent and detoxifying in nature and rejuvenates sagging or tired-looking skin. Its antiseptic properties help in treating pimples and various skin disorders. Lemon is also recommended for reducing excessive oil on the skin.
Lemon oil is calming in nature and therefore helps in removing mental fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, and nervous tension. It has the ability to refresh the mind by creating a positive mindset and eliminating negative emotions. It is also believed that inhaling this oil helps in increasing concentrationand alertness. Lemon oil can, therefore, be used as a room freshener in offices to increase the efficiency of the employees.
Boosts Immune system
Lemon oil has a high vitamin C content, which makes it a wonderful boost for the body's immune system. It further stimulates white blood cells, thus increasing your ability to fight off diseases. This oil also improves blood circulation throughout the body.
It is believed that lemon oil is useful for treating asthma since inhaling the aroma of lemons can clear the nasal passages and sinuses, promoting good air flow and steady breathing.
Health benefits of lemon oil include providing relief from sleeplessness. Using this oil ensures good sleep and helps people suffering from insomnia.
Treats Stomach Disorders
Since lemon oil is carminative, it can be used in the treatment of various stomach problems including indigestion, acidity, upset stomach, and cramps.
Lemon oil is also effective as a hair tonic. Many people use this oil to get strong, healthy, and shiny hair. It is also used to get rid of dandruff.
Lavender (lavandula angustifolia) is the most versatile of all essential oils. Most commonly known for its relaxing effects on the body, therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing - physically and emotionally. Carrying a bottle of lavender around with you is like having your own personal first aid kit, perfume and pick-me-up.
Here are 13 ways you can incorporate lavender in to your daily life:
1. Calming: Rub 2-3 drops of lavender oil in your cupped palms, then use the inhalation method to draw the scent all the way into your amygdala gland (the emotional warehouse) in your brain to calm the mind. Then, rub on the feet, temples, wrists (or anywhere) for an immediate calming effect on the body. Great for use in crowded areas like planes or subways to carve out your own personal oasis.
2. Sleep aid: Again, use the cupping and inhalation method. Then, rub a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help you sleep.
3. Bee sting / Insect bite: Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching reduce swelling.
4. Minor burn: Put 2-3 drops Lavender oil on a minor burn to decrease pain. I recently did this after I spilled scorching hot tea on my hand at Starbucks and luckily had my lavender with me. Result: NO redness, swelling or pain. NO sign of any burn. Lavender works wonders!
5. Cuts: Drop Lavender oil on cut to stop bleeding, clean wound, and kill bacteria.
6. Eczema / Dermatitis: Mix several drops of Lavender oil with a nut or vegetable mixing oil (coconut, sesame, etc) and use topically on eczema and dermatitis. I have a dear friend who suffers from severe eczema and swears by this.
7. Nausea or motion sickness: To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Lavender oil on end of tongue, behind the ears or around the navel.
8. Nosebleed: To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Push the tissue covered ice chip up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold as long as comfortable or until the bleeding stops (do not freeze the lip or gum).
9. Dry or chapped skin: Rub lavender oil on dry or chapped skin.
10. Chapped or sunburned lips: Rub a drop of lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips.
11. Hay fever: Rub a drop of lavender oil between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
12. Dandruff: Rub several drops of lavender oil into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
13. Cold sores: Put a drop of lavender oil on a cold sore.
***BONUS: Flavor booster!
Add a few drops of lavender to any recipe you want to enhance. Favorites: add to your water or tea (especially sparkling!), brownies, bars, cookies, dessert recipes, raw chocolate or salad dressings. Enjoy!
As you can see, Lavender is an essential oil that can uplift your life (and mood), heal and entice in a variety of ways. It's a great secret weapon to have on hand at all times!
Check our own essential oil blends and tips about essential oils and plants.
Chakras are energy centers within the human body that help regulate all its processes, from organ function to the immune system and emotions. We have formulated a ready to use synergy blend to correspond with each Chakra to help you balance and maintain your physical, spiritual and emotional health.
The seventh chakra, Sahaswara, is referred to as the thousand-petal lotus chakra. This is the top chakra of the seven and located at the crown of the head. Sahaswara is our source of enlightenment and spiritual connection to all that is. It is a connection to our higher selves, to every being on the planet, and ultimately the divine energy that creates everything in the universe.
True opening of Sahaswara means the realization that you are pure awareness. You are pure consciousness, undivided, and all expansive. Like a drop in the ocean, you are a part of that ocean that contains and encompasses every aspect of it.
Signs of Balance
· Balanced Spiritual Life
· Feels that Life has Purpose
· Feels a Connection with Others and a Higher Power
Symptoms of Imbalance
· Feelings of Unbalanced Spirituality
· Excessive Fear of Death
· Unclear of Life or Spiritual Purpose
· Feeling Alone in the Universe or Possessing a God-Complex
· Feeling Unloved by or Angry at our Creator
Try our Essential blends for Crown Chakra, to complement your yoga practice or deepen your meditation. You can even use it as a perfum!
The anahata chakra is associated with unconditional love, compassion, and joy. It is the source of deep and profound truths that cannot be expressed in words. Anahata is a bridge between the lower and upper chakras integrating the manifest with the spiritual.
Try our blend for Heart Chakra, to deepen your yoga practice, meditation or to use it daily.
>Trust your Intuition. The Sixth Sense
The sixth chakra, Ajna, also known as the third eye, is in the space between the eyebrows.
This is your center of intuition, that leads you to an inner knowledge that will guide you if you let it.
Seeing further, beyond, expand your imagination.
You can use your inner sense to ask for guidance to make the right decisions. Taking into account your mind, intellect, and ego, you are now including your soul in the decision making process. If you are conflicted, ask for your sense of intuition to be opened to you in order to help you make the right choice.
Ajna is best balanced through meditation.
Any yoga Asana where the forehead is pressed down is a good one for the sixth chakra.
Essential oíls to balance Third Eye: Helichrysum
The color for the sixth chakra is indigo and the mantra sound is SHAM.
Gems that help open the Ajna chakra are amethyst, lapis lazuli, and azurite.